Abortion Clinic in Greenville, SCEvery woman deserves a healthcare partner she can trust to provide warm, compassionate, high-quality care at every visit. Greenville Women's Clinic proudly provides a comprehensive range of women’s health care services to our valued patients.
We offer the following abortion services:
The abortion procedure involves removing the pregnancy by vacuum aspiration, the most widely used and safest method of abortion. You should be able to return to normal, non-strenous activities the following day. A 2-3 hour outpatient stay at the Clinic can be anticipated.
Abortion by Pill (RU486)
If you choose a medical abortion using RU486, the medication is given at the clinic after ultrasound, counseling and lab studies.
Two days later, you take another medication at home, which induces cramps and bleeding usually heavier than a menstrual period. We will see you back 3 weeks later. Medical abortions are 95-98% effective. Should it fail, we will repeat the pill or do a vacuum aspiration at no additional charge if done at our facility.
Counseling is included in the procedure fee and will help a woman explore her feelings regarding her pregnancy and the alternatives available to her. Counselors discuss birth control, post-operative care, and the abortion procedure.
- Patients under 17 years of age will need 1 parents consent. Parent will need to bring their ID along with the patient's ID or birth certificate
- All patients must bring a picture ID
- On the morning of your appointment, take a thorough shower, wear a dress or a skirt, or loose fitting pants
- You must have someone accompany you to the Clinic to drive you home after in-clinic abortion
- Please do not bring children to the clinic
- Do not drink or chew anything after midnight before an in-clinic abortion
- You may eat or drink before the medical abortion (RU486)